Portable Wireless Testbed
The WiSHFUL project offers access to several wireless testbeds, such as TWIST (TUB), w-iLab.t (iMinds), IRIS (TCD), Orbit (Rutgers University) and a FIBRE Island at UFRJ. All of these testbeds are installed in either office environments or other dedicated testbed environments. Because some research requires doing measurement campaigns or actual testing in heterogeneous environments, the WiSHFUL project also offers a portable testbed to the community.
The Portable testbed currently consists of the following hardware :
- 1 X Server case ( containing 1 server + a 24-port PoE-switch )
- 8 X Intel NUC wireless nodes ( spread over 2 cases )
- 8 X Battery pack to power a wireless node (optional)
- 2 X Portable UPS to provide backup power for server (optional)
- 32 X 802.15.4 sensor nodes (iMinds-RMoni RM090)
- 2 X Wi-Spy USB dongle for simple WiFi spectrum scanning on 2.4 or 5GHz
- 1 X USRP B200mini for advanced spectrum scannig ( 70MHz to 6GHz , max 56MHz bandwidth)
Extending the Portable Testbed with other hardware (USB/Ethernet) is very easy.
You can check the number of free resources on each testbed at https://flsmonitor.fed4fire.eu.