1st 5GINFIRE Open Call – phase 1 – on “Initial experiments and additional functionalities and infrastructures for experimentation”.
Submission deadline: 28 February 2018 at 17:00 Brussels local time.
The main technical objective of 5GinFIRE is to build and operate an open and extensible 5G NFV-based reference (Open5G-NFV) ecosystem of experimental facilities that not only integrates existing FIRE facilities with new vertical-specific ones, but also lays down the foundations for instantiating fully softwarized architectures of vertical industries and experimenting with them. The initial instantiation of the Open5G-NFV ecosystem is driven by the automotive vertical industry deployed across state-of-the-art 5G infrastructures. However, it is as generic as possible in order to host other verticals applications.
In alignment with the overall project objectives 5GINFIRE is organizing a competitive open call targeting external organizations, industry including SMEs, research institutions, and academia, interested to perform experiments on the top of the infrastructure provided by 5GinFIRE. In order to further improve the 5GinFIRE ecosystem and add new needed functionalities for experimenters, the open call mechanism is used to involve third parties, which are able to provide the needed additional infrastructures and functionalities.
This 5GinFIRE open call targets the following types of experimenters and facility providers:
– Category 1: Invite experimenters to use the Automotive EVI environment as it is, taking advantage of the provided EVI features such as SDN, NFV and VxFs to test vertical applications
– Category 2-a: Invite open source developers to provide missing functionality that is necessary for the lifecycle management of infrastructure components that enable virtualized infrastructures (call identifier 5ginfire-1-inf-a-1).
– Category 2-b: Invite designers and facilities providers of other verticals to take advantage of the 5GinFIRE toolsets, facilities and best practices, and instantiate new EVIs from other vertical industries (call identifier 5ginfire-1-inf-b-1).
– Category 1: for experiment proposals, maximum 75,000€ funding per accepted proposal
– Category 2-a: for new functionalities, maximum 60,000€ funding per accepted proposal
– Category 2-b: for extending infrastructures, maximum 125,000€ funding per accepted proposal
Total of 375,000€ for proposals in Category 1 is available for this Open Call.
Total of 375,000€ for proposals in Category 2 (including both sub-categories a and b) is available for this Open Call.
If you have any further questions, please, do not hesitate to contact us at .