The major objective of the Fed4FIRE+ Competitive Call – Innovative testbeds is to enlarge Fed4FIRE+’s federated infrastructure with new testbeds bringing new functionality and/or hardware to the Fed4FIRE+ experimenter community.
Until now, the Fed4FIRE+ Federation has financially supported more than 150 experiments from SMEs, industry, academia and research organizations.
The Fed4FIRE+ project continuously builds on this experience and organizes series of Open Calls for experiments and testbeds and by using the Cascade Granting mechanism. During its lifetime of five years, the Fed4FIRE+ project organizes bi-annual open calls for various types of experimentation (large, medium, small) and experimental infrastructures.
Fed4FIRE+ Competitive Call – Innovative testbeds
- Project full name: Fed4FIRE+: Federation for FIRE plus
- Project grant agreement number: 732638
- Call identifier: F4Fp-testbeds
- Call title: Fed4FIRE+ Competitive Call – Innovative testbeds
Full and final proposal submission deadline:
- 15 March 2022, at 17:00 CET (Brussels local time)
Obligatory draft proposal “Feasibility-check” submission deadline:
- 16 February 2022, at 17:00 CET (Brussels local time)
Hence an essential part of the proposal is the feasibility check. For this feasibility check it is obligatory to send a draft of the proposal with at least a 1-page technical description of the testbed as well as the motivation to join the Fed4FIRE+ federation by the deadline indicated. This feasibility check by the consortium will provide you with formal feedback on the similarities and differences of your testbed vs the existing testbeds in the federation (https://www.fed4fire.eu/testbeds/). The draft proposal needs to be submitted by email to email@example.com by 16 February 2022 at 17:00 Brussels local time.
The funding is foreseen purely to join the federation, not for extending an existing testbed. It is possible to join the federation under different modii: ‘light federation’ or ‘advanced federation’. By submitting a proposal, the proposer also agrees to keep the proposed testbed operational and federated at least until 31/12/2023.
The major objective of this Call is to enlarge Fed4FIRE+’s federated infrastructure with new testbeds bringing new functionality and/or hardware to the Fed4FIRE+ experimenter community. As a second objective, it will bring as output to the federation information on how easy or difficult it is to join the federation.
This call has no specific focus or theme, but we would like to call for testbeds which bring something extra to the federation. E.g. a testbed with 10 bare metal servers will not bring much new (compared to e.g. the existing Virtual Wall, Grid5000 or Exogeni testbeds), but on the other hand if those servers are fully interconnected with 100Gb/s network, that is something which is not available yet.
Funding for testbed owners:
Funding is available to support testbed owners, as described in the following table.
|Federation Type||Max Funding Per Testbed||Max number of testbeds funded in this call||Max duration of federation effort|
|Light||€ 15 000||10||1 month|
|Advanced||€ 50 000||3||2 months|
- Proposals will only be accepted from a single party eligible for participation in EC H2020-projects.
- Proposers must come from parties or organisations that are not already part of the Fed4FIRE+ project consortium.
- Proposers can submit multiple testbed proposals, but only one proposal per proposer can be selected for funding in this Call.
- Proposers who have submitted proposals in previous calls of the Fed4FIRE+ – project are allowed to re-submit.
- Detailed pdf version of the call information: “Fed4FIRE+ Competitive Call – Innovative testbeds” information
- Language in which the proposal must be submitted: English
- Proposals must follow the proposal template
- “Innovative testbeds” proposals must be submitted through the online submission portal