– REGISTER NOW –
The third Fed4FIRE+ Engineering Conference (FEC) will be organised on 14-16 March 2018 in Paris, France.
One of the objectives of the Fed4FIRE+ project is to lower the threshold and remove any roadblock towards access for SME’s, industry, research groups,… in using the wealth of advanced Next Generation Internet (NGI) testbeds.
Fed4FIRE+ runs and continuously improves the largest federation of in the world in this NGI area, covering technologies ranging from wireless, wired, cloud services and open flow, and making them accessible through common frameworks. Besides, available tools for infrastructure developers open new possibilities, supporting a broad range of experimenter communities covering a wide variety of Internet infrastructures, services and applications, allowing them to focus on their core testbed activities.
Through the federation of these infrastructures – a single place where to find and execute technical tests – innovative experiments become possible; a novelty that breaks the boundaries of these domains. The federator also builds on Fed4FIRE’s existing community of experimenters, testbeds and tool developers and bring them together regularly in Fed4FIRE+ Engineering Conferences (FEC) to have maximal interaction between the different stakeholders involved.
The Fed4FIRE+ Engineering Conferences are 3-day events (organised twice a year) with a mix of plenary and parallel sessions. The sessions consist out of talks, tutorials and technical discussions and there is also a demo night session with over 40 experiments which were set up and ran on the federated testsbeds, a large part of which also received financial support. This is a great opportunity for researchers and developers, to exchange experiences and inspire each other’s.
The main topics covered in the Fed4FIRE+ Engineering Conference 3 – FEC3 are:
- Learn about large-scale experimentation efforts with specific focus on Software Defined Networking – SDN, Network Function Virtualization – NFV, and Software Defined Radio – SDR;
- Identify and discuss potential synergies between innovative experimenters/SMEs, Researchers, Testbed providers, Technology providers;
- Promote ongoing and upcoming Open Calls.
Why should you attend the Fed4FIRE+ Engineering Conferences?
- To network and interact with your colleagues and experts in the field of Next Generation Internet.
- To learn about accessing the Fed4FIRE+ testbeds, setting up and run your experiment under guidance of the testbed owners and experts.
- To experience in practice more than 39 experiments during the Demo Night with user stories from successful experiments financially supported through the Open Calls of the Fed4FIRE+ project.
- To identify new funding mechanisms in coming Open Calls.
Special theme of the 3rd Fed4FIRE+ Engineering Conferences – FEC3:
- Presentations on latest results of Software Defined Networking – SDN and Network Function Virtualization – NFV experiences in a Federated NFV/SDN infrastructure;
- Presentations on how to bridge Software Defined Radio – SDR – and Software Defined Networking – SDN;
- Presentations on how to link software defined infrastructures with media services and user experience.
Who should attend
Internet Researchers and Innovators, Testbed providers, SMEs, Start-ups, Internet technology providers.
The program will look as follows:
- March 14 AM: Fed4FIRE+ plenary meeting and parallel sessions (closed meeting)
- March 14 PM: Panel discussion on SDN/NFV experiences from four projects
- Practical experiences in dealing with a Federated NFV/SDN infrastructure – Roberto Minerva (EIT Digital)
- The ORCA project: bridging SDR and SDN – Ivan Seskar (Rutgers University)
- Full Stack Experimentation: exploring the interplay between software defined infrastructures, media services and user experience – Michael Boniface (IT Innovation Centre)
- Federating testbeds for SDN/NFV experiments and classes with Fed4FIRE – Brecht Vermeulen (IMEC)
- March 15 AM: Panel discussion on SDN/NFV experimenting + Open Calls
- Chaired by UPMC
- SDN/NFV experimenting
- Architecture/testbeds for SDN/NFV experimenting
- End-to-End SDN/NFV issues
- All you need to know about Open Calls – Monique Calisti (Martel)
- Chaired by UPMC
- March 15 PM: Demo Night: exhibition booths (more than 35 experiments)
- March 16 AM: Fed4FIRE+ review (closed meeting)
If you are interested to receive more information about the event, please, drop us an email at:.
For the detailed program, please follow the agenda.
– REGISTER NOW –