CROWNCOM 17 – 12th EAI International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks
New visions of an ubiquitous IoT world and 5G extreme broadband services are raising unprecedented expectations of the amount of data that will be flow through wireless channels of the future, resulting in a RF spectrum scarcity problem, especially in the sub 6 GHz band. Research works have shown that the fixed spectrum allocation policy commonly adopted today suffer from the low spectrum utilization problem. Both academic and regulatory bodies have focused on dynamic spectrum access to fully utilize the scarce spectrum resource. Cognitive radio, with the capability to flexibly adapt its parameters, has been proposed as the enabling technology for future spectrum management. Currently, both TV White Space and 3.5GHz have been allocated by some leading countries for dynamic spectrum access. Although there were initial successes, most deployments stayed at pilot stage. In this context, CROWNCOM 2017 will feature a comprehensive technical program including seven technical tracks and a number of tutorial and special sessions. CROWNCOM 2017 will also include Demo and Exhibition program, panels – composed of international panelist and keynote speakers. The conference will bring together academic and industrial researchers to identify and discuss the recent development, highlight the challenging gaps and forecast the future trends of cognitive radio technology toward their integration with the fifth-generation (5G) of networks.
The aim of CROWNCOM 2017 is to bring together researchers from academia, industry, standards, and policy to present their new solutions of how cognitive radio systems will help deliver the required stringent requirements of future 5G networks.
- CROWNCOM proceedings are indexed in the leading indexing services: EI, ISI Thomson’s Scientific and Technical Proceedings at Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- Accepted papers will be published in the Crowncom Conference Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST). The proceedings will be available both in book form and via the SpringerLink digital library, which is one of the largest digital libraries online and covers a variety of scientific disciplines.
- Authors of selected accepted papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their articles to Special Issue of Crowncom 2016 within EAI Endorsed Transactions on Cognitive Communications.
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
- Dynamic Spectrum Access and Cognitive networks for 5G
- Cognitive Radio Related Standards
- Spectrum sharing: status of the acceptance and way forward to WRC 2019.
- Spectrum for massive IoT deployment
- Spectrum for digital inclusion in the 5G era
- Decentralized spectrum access
- Business aspects and new opportunities of dynamic spectrum management
More information on the event website: http://crowncom.org/2017/