The major objective of this Call is to make Fed4FIRE+’s federated infrastructure directly available for execution of innovative experiments by experimenters at both industrial (including SMEs) and research organisations. Examples of such experiments may include but are not limited to testing of new protocols or algorithms, performance measurements or scalability testing. This Call envisages experiments by which existing products or services are tested, implemented or optimized on the Fed4FIRE+ testbeds rather than proposing or developing new ideas from scratch.
Until now, the Fed4FIRE+ Federation has financially supported more than 150 experiments from SMEs, industry, academia and research organizations.
The Fed4FIRE+ project continuously builds on this experience and organizes series of Open Calls for experiments and testbeds and by using the Cascade Granting mechanism. During its life time of five years, the Fed4FIRE+ project organizes bi-annual open calls for various types of experimentation (large, medium, small) and experimental infrastructures.
9th Fed4FIRE+ Open Call – Experiments
- Project full name: Fed4FIRE+: Federation for FIRE PLUS
- Project grant agreement number: 732638
- Call identifier: F4Fp-09
- Call title: 9th Fed4FIRE+ Competitive Call – Innovative Experiments | Category “Medium Experiments”
- 07 September 2021, at 17:00 CET (Brussels local time)
- 12 July 2021, at 14:00 CET (Brussels local time)
Register here: https://www.fed4fire.eu/event/ngi-open-calls-qa-session/
Feasibility check submission deadline:
- 31 August 2021, at 17:00 CET (Brussels local time)
All proposers must contact the Fed4FIRE+ consortium and elaborate their intentions in order to verify the feasibility of the proposals to be implemented in the scope of the project and to receive a first feedback on the proposal planned activities following the steps below:
- Prepare a draft version of your proposal or a 1-page description and mention Fed4FIRE facilities to be used. If you don’t know a testbed please submit a question to email@example.com.
- Submit this draft proposal as a feasibility check to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 August 2021 at 17:00 CET (Brussels local time)
- Please request this feasibility check before submitting or uploading the proposal through the portal.
- The testbed owner or Patron will respond by completing a formal statement that he/she has been informed about your proposed experiment and that he/she agrees that it can be carried out on the required testbed(s).
- This formal statement needs to be included in the proposal – Section D.
The major objective of this Call is to make Fed4FIRE+’s federated infrastructure directly available for execution of innovative experiments by experimenters at both industrial (including SMEs) and research organisations. Examples of such experiments may include but are not limited to testing of new protocols or algorithms, performance measurements or scalability testing. These Calls envisage experiments by which existing products or services are tested, implemented or optimized on the Fed4FIRE+ testbeds rather than proposing or developing new ideas from scratch.
This call has no specific focus or theme, but we would like to call for experiments which exploit the specific features of Fed4FIRE+ as a federation and technologies covered. More information on the specific objectives can be found further in the call document.
Funding for Experimenters:
Funding is available to support experimenters, as described in the following table.
|Experiment Type||Max Experimenter Funding Per Experiment||Testbed Patron Funding per experiment||Max number of experiments funded in this call||Max duration of experiment|
|Medium||€ 55 000||€ 5000||4||5 months|
- Proposals will only be accepted from a single party eligible for participation in EC H2020-projects.
- Proposers must come from parties or organisations that are not already part of the Fed4FIRE+ project consortium.
- Proposers can submit multiple experiment proposals, but only one experiment per proposer will be selected for funding in this Call.
- Proposers who have submitted proposals in previous calls of the Fed4FIRE+ – project are allowed to re-submit.
- Detailed pdf version of the call information: Open Call 9 information
- Language in which the proposal must be submitted: English
- Proposals must follow the proposal template
- “Medium Experiments” proposals must be submitted through the online submission portal
- Other documents: Report template and Agreement